Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a fantastic New Year! Speaking of the New Year...are you planning a party?
If so, I’ve got some great time-saving and inexpensive new year decorating ideas for you. Grayson wanted to have her dance friends over, so we decided to just invite their families as well. After all, we’re all like family anyway since we spend so much time together.
Therefore, I’ve been in the process of shifting from Christmas to a glitzy New Year’s Eve celebration without spending any money on it. Here are few ideas if you’re reading this on Saturday morning and if it’s past New Year’s Eve you can save it for next year.
• First, I pulled all of my really Christmassy decorations, i.e. Santa Claus, Rudolph, and anything red and green. I left gold and silver items.
• Next, I took down my Christmas tree. I have left it up in the past and just taken off all of the Christmas decorations and decorated with New Year’s Eve decorations like party hats and beads. This year, due to an electrical issue, I just removed the whole thing. Oh, by the way, we had our tree plugged into one of those remote controlled plugs and it darn near caught the house on fire, so be weary.
• I do leave up all of my nativities until the Epiphany which occurs on Friday, January 6, 2017.
• Now that you’ve taken down all of your Santas and elves it’s time for the fun stuff. When I think of a New Year’s Eve celebration I think of glitz and glam even it’s a casual get together. You can never go wrong with gold, silver and black. I’m pulling all of the gold and silver beads from Grayson’s Mardi Gras birthday party and using them to fill vases and bowls.
• Candles and mirrors are a great addition to a NYE celebration as well.
• I did purchase gold blowers and NYE tiaras for my guests. I’m planning on using them as a centerpiece that doubles as party favors. I will nestle them atop the gold beads in a beautiful crystal compote.
The decorations are an accent to the party, they are not the main event. We will focus on ringing in the New Year with great food, friends and the hope for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. I’m wishing you all the same!