• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl or mixer, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. About 3-5 minutes.
3. Reduce speed and beat in eggs, one at a time. Then pour in vanilla extract.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and make sure everything is completely incorporated.
5. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
6. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until chilled.
7. In a small bowl, combine coating ingredients and toss together. Set aside.
8. Preheat oven to 400º F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
9. Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough out into balls and roll each one in sugar coating mixture.
10. Transfer to lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining cookies.
11. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are puffed up and golden.
12. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-7 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
Recipe from www.12tomatoes.com