Since my mom, Glenda, has y'all covered in the decorating department I thought I would cover the food department.
After all you need something to feed your guests at all those fabulously decorated parties. This week I am going to start you off with a simple, clean and healthy crockpot meal and next week treat you to some cake decorating tips with my perfect buttercream recipe.
It's summertime and sometimes we just need to celebrate and have a good 'ole fashioned Taco Tuesday. Well, with this recipe you can rest easy that your whole family will not only love, but additionally get a well-balanced, clean meal.
These tacos aren't your regular tacos though, because there is actually no meat only sweet potatoes and lentils. I know what you're all thinking what is a taco with no meat and that sounds absolutely disgusting...yeah, I thought that too at first. Just trust me, once you taste these things you will be hooked and probably the most stuffed you've been in awhile.
When I make these I literally only eat two and I am stuffed with no sides at all. So this heavenly recipe is as follows:
1 Sweet Potato (peeled and diced)
½ C Dry Green Lentils
½ C Dry Quinoa (FYI its pronounced ˈkēn-ˌwä, kē-ˈnō-ə, in case you're like me and weren't really sure)
1 C Vegetable Stock
½ C Water
2 TBS Jalapeno Juice (I just use the juice from the jarred ones)
1 TBS Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Paprika
Hint of Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
Yellow Corn Tortillas
1. Peel and dice your potato and throw it into your crockpot.
2. Add the vegetable stock, water, lentils, and quinoa to the potatoes.
3. Stir well adding in all of your spices with the jalapeno juice and hint of lime.
4. After making sure all of your ingredients are blended turn on high and cook 3-4.5 hours or low for 7-8 hours. You will know its done once all of the liquid has evaporated and your lentils and quinoa have expanded.
5. Before serving stir the mixture well, creating a creamy almost meat like texture. Now your yummy mix is ready to be turned into a taco.
Hope y'all enjoy this clean eating summer meal and stay tuned for next week's sweet treat!