Got this information from www.guide2herbalremedies.com - and thought it was interesting enough to pass on to everyone.
If you are a smoker - did you know that there are certain foods, which can make food taste bad?
According to a studey from the Duke University, such foods and drinks as meat and caffeinated beverages make cigarettes taste good.
But, dairy products and fresh vegetables make cigarettes taste bad.
The research basically says that certain food can aid in the taste of the cigarette and can be a very good tool for staying smoke free for longer time for those who desire to quit.
Here are foods that can help a smoker kick the habit.
1. Milk and Other Dairy Beverages - Milk makes cigarette taste very bitter and unpleasant. May if someone is trying to quit they should dip the cigarette in milk?
2. Orange Juice - If you want to quit smoking - it is very important to get some Vitamin C in your system. Oranges, lemons, black currants, pomegranates and other powerful natural sources of Vitamin C are the best things to eat for those trying to get rid of nicotine dependence.
3. Celery - specialists claim that eating a lot of vegetables can decrease nicotine dependence. Eating celery sticks can help to decrease cravings.
4. Broccoli helps to lower the risks of having lung diseases, including lung cancer. Broccoli contains sulforaphane, a substance which boosts the activity of NRF2 gene and protects lungs from any toxin-related damage. Unfortunately, the studies found the evidence that this therapeutic property of broccoli does not work for smokers, because nicotine kills the activity of sulforaphane.
5. Red Wine - A glass of red wine a day lowers the risks of lung cancer, both in smokers and non-smokers. The researchers from South California found out that the people who drink a glass of red wine every day have 60% lower chances to have lung cancer.