By Glenda Wise
Halloween is upon us and suddenly you need a few last minute tricks and treats or some last minute Halloween decorations. Here are a few of my favorite Halloween last minute favorites:
- Scarecrow Crunch: I haven’t met a kid or adult that doesn’t like this stuff. The best part is it’s easy and festive. All you need is air-popped popcorn, pretzel sticks, plain M&M’s, candy corn and oatmeal squares cereal. Just toss it all together and you are finished! You can either leave in a big bowl with a scooper for a party or bag them individually.
- Halloween Brownies: Simply bake your favorite brownie mix and top with fun Halloween sprinkles. We always get compliments on our brownies. I’ll let you in on our secret…we use the Ghirardelli brownie mix and add Hershey’s chocolate syrup to the batter.
- Pumpkin Patch Dirt Cups: Make one box of chocolate pudding mix according to the directions on the box. Crush Oreos until they are smooth. Now all you have to do is layer the pudding and Oreos in a clear plastic cup and finish by topping with gummy worms and pumpkin candies.
- Bats: Cut paper bats from black cardstock and attach a flock to a wall for a fun way to make your walls come alive
- Mason Jar Mummies: Wrap white gauze around a Mason jar and attach googly eyes. Add a flameless candle to illuminate.
- Balloon and Paper Spider: Attach a black balloon to your ceiling or wall and add eight crepe paper legs.
- Balloons: If you want to dress up your house a bit for a last minute party, all you need are black and orange balloons and black and orange crepe paper streamers. Hand the crepe paper streamers from the ceiling and attach a balloon at the bottom. The best part about this balloon decoration is that you don’t need helium, just good old-fashioned lungs.
Get creative with treats and decorations. Halloween is a great holiday to experiment with new ideas, because it’s OK if it doesn’t turn out perfectly. Have fun with it and let your imagination go wild! Happy Halloween!