The moment is finally here...the poolhouse is finished. Ashton is all settled in and has the place looking amazing.
Our budget was $2000 and that was only to be funded by things we sold. I’m happy to say that we came in at $500 below budget and we funded it completely by things we sold either online or the garage sale we had at Connie’s. Here’s how we did it:
1. We repurposed anything we could. For example, we only had to buy a few light fixtures because we were able to repaint the old ones. We used Rustoleum’s Oil Rubbed Bronze Metallic Spray Paint. We also used this on the door hardware that started out as brass.
2. We repainted the island cabinet with Rustoleum’s Gray Chalk Paint. We thought about repainting all of the cabinets, but honestly, that was way more detailed than I wanted to get into. We did, however, change the door hardware which made all the difference in the world. We went with the least expensive brushed nickel we could find. We probably would have went with oil-rubbed bronze, but I had seven brushed-nickel knobs left from my house remodel.
3. Our best repurpose was the kitchen countertops. We wanted granite, but that was absolutely not in the budget, so we painted the old countertops with Gianni White Diamond Counter Kit. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about it, but it turned out beautifully. Hint: Don’t be afraid to layer it up. It really needs that to give it the real granite appearance.
4. Our biggest splurge was the floor, but it was worth it one thousand times over. The floor was about 80% of the total cost.
5. Furnishings were all used from her former apartment, nothing new there except for recovering the headboard and the bar stools.
I hope you enjoy the pics! We had a lot of fun doing this project!