Wednesday, 09 May 2018 07:36

Bathroom Fan catches fire at Pocola Nursing Center Featured

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Staff at Pocola Nursing Center evacuate residents after small fire

 

Pocola OKLAHOMA - Early Wednesday morning on May 9, 2018 the Pocola Fire Department was called to a fire at the Pocola Nursing Center.


Fire fighters arrived within 11 minutes and extinguished the electrical fire that started from bathroom fan in hall #4 of the nursing facility.


“The staff got all the residents within the facility evacuated within 20 minutes,” said Chris Hensley, Administrator. “I am very proud of our staff and the great job they did. They did everything they were supposed to do in an emergency.”


The fire was extinguished quickly, no one was injured in the fire, which sent smoke throughout the halls of the center.


When the nursing staff was able to bring residents back into the center, they set up in the main entrance hallway to supply those residents who needed their oxygen and started calming down the residents.


After many hours of work, the residents are now safe in the rooms and no smell of smoke.

David Deaton

Digital Editor at Oklahoma Welcome

Google +