Call For Entries - Ouachita Expressions Show - Tuesday, August 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Mena Art Gallery in Mena Arkansas, will be accepting entries for the Ouachita Expressions Show on Tuesday, August 1 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Ouachita Expressions Show has been our premier judged show for local competition for over twenty years.
There are four categories: works on canvas, works on paper, photography and 3-D art.
They also have two $50 awards for a special category – domestic cats and a $25 special award from Yankee Clipper.
The reception and award ceremony will be Saturday, August 5 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Menu Art Gallery – Exhibition Rules
1. All entries must be brought to Mena Art Gallery, 607 Mena Street, on Tuesday, August 1, between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. unless prior arrangements are made. If you have questions, please call the gallery at 479-394-3880.
2. Work is to be picked up on Tuesday, September 5, between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. All work must remain until the end of the show unless sold or special arrangements are made through the Executive Director.
3. Work may be in any style—realistic, contemporary or abstract. All media are acceptable. Entries must be original and the artist’s own work.
4. a) No kits will be accepted.
b) If the piece is a reproduction of the artist's original work, it must be indicated as such.
c) If the work is a derivative, it must be so labeled and the source shown.
d) Works utilizing prefabricated materials must reflect a creative element that is more than the sum of the parts
5. The reception is Saturday, August 5 from 1 to 3 p.m. Prize awards will be presented to winners at 2 p.m.
6. All 2-dimensional work must be framed or wrapped and ready to hang. All frames must be wired (no saw-tooth or pop-top hangers). No framed or unframed artwork larger than 40” x 40” will be accepted.
7. In addition to the information on the entry form, all work must be labeled on the back with the following:
Title Medium Price
Entry Category Artist’s Name Phone Number Email
8. Limit of 3 entries. Any category with less than 5 entries by different artists will not be judged and the entry fee will be refunded.
9. All work must be in good taste and be approved by the Exhibit Committee. Decisions of the Exhibits Committee and/or judges will be final. Entry categories are as follows:
a. Works on canvas, wood, gesso board, etc., including oils and acrylics
b. Works on paper, including watercolors, pastels, pencil, prismacolor, block prints, and pen/ink
c. Photography and computer-generated art
d. Three-dimensional art – decorative rather than functional
10. Any work that has previously been shown in any judged Mena Art Gallery show may not be entered again.
11. Sales will be made by the gallery; each artist will be paid 75 percent of the sale price by the first week of the following month.