The crowning of homecoming royalty at Carl Albert State College is Saturday, April 22, 2017 at noon at the CASC Baseball field in Poteau.
Contestants for Homecoming are:
• Student Government Association - Ashley Moore and Hunter Edwards
• Resident Assistants - Kelby Koonce and JP Johnson
• Vikes Club - Selin Bray and Preston Whitten
• Viking Ambassadors - Angelin Pierce and Hunter Sisemore
• CASC Dancers - Emily Tedder and Zac Buchert
• Library Club - Yazmin Castanon and Eric Chavarria
• Phi Theta Kappa - Lily Friedl and Luca Marinoni
• Student Support Services - Abby Hanna and Kyle Elliott
• CASC Scholars Program - Emily Geer and Shane Timmons
• Baptist Collegiate Ministries - Zach Hopkins and Madison Godette
• CASC Show Choir - Emily Ralls and Stephen Knox
• CASC Softball and Baseball - Devon Gregory and Christian Neves
The Homecoming Coronation is during a big week of homecoming activities at CASC, and everyone is invited to attend. President Jay Falkner stated, “We have events planned throughout the week for students. In addition, we have activities and events in both Sallisaw and Poteau to celebrate homecoming and kick off our Alumni Association on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The community is invited to attend any or all of our weekend events, and help us celebrate at Carl Albert State College.”
The Thursday events are at the City of Sallisaw Sports Complex from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. There will be a complimentary meal, giveaways, and activities along with the Lady Viking softball team playing NOC-Enid at 2 p.m.
Friday’s events begin at 8 a.m. with the Alumni & Friends Golf Tournament at Choctaw Country Club in Poteau. Contact Randy Graves at 918-647-1370 or for details.
Friday evening at 6 p.m. is the Alumni Banquet in the Costner-Balentine Student Center, and tickets can be purchased from the CASC President’s Office.
The banquet is advanced registration only and the RSVP deadline is April 18th.
Following the banquet, a Time Warp Reception at the Angry Mullet Pub & Coffee Shop in downtown Poteau will begin at 9 p.m. Alumni, faculty, and staff are invited to reconnect with friends and former instructors.
Saturday is the Vike Hike 5K Run/Walk at 8 a.m. Next, The Coffee Cup will be serving hot beverages at the Mochas & Memories reception in the CASC Joe E. White Library at 9 a.m. This reception will allow time for rediscovering CASC and reminiscing about college days at CASC.
Viking Tailgating begins at 11 a.m. on Saturday with a complimentary meal and activities, followed by the Homecoming Coronation at noon.
The Viking baseball team plays Redlands at 1 p.m., and there will be free admission to the homecoming day game.