By Congressman Markwayne Mullin
The number of COVID-19 cases in our country is growing by the day and without taking any steps to address it, the number of people who become infected will exponentially grow. It’s going to take all of us working together to slow the spread or “flatten the curve” of the number of people getting the virus.
The decisions we make each day impact our communities. Even if you are a young or healthy person, you can spread the disease and increase risk for others, including older people and those with underlying health conditions who are the most at risk. I strongly encourage you to take this seriously and heed recommendations from federal, state, and local public health officials.
President Trump and his Coronavirus Task Force announced an initiative to help slow the spread of the virus. Here are the recommendations:
While these may feel like extreme measures, it’s critical that we all make these sacrifices for the greater good of our communities. Over these next few weeks, I encourage you to do your part to flatten the curve.
Wednesday, 18 March 2020 21:51
Do Your Part to Flatten the Curve FeaturedWritten by David Deaton
Latest from David Deaton
- OSBI INVESTIGATING OFFICER INVOLVED SHOOTING IN WILBURTON
- Farmers Insurance® Agents Tonia Johnson and Stacee Midgley Help Donate $1,500 to Nonprofit for COVID-19 Response Efforts
- Poteau Chamber Kicks Off First Friday Lunch Series June 5th @ 12:00 Meet the State and County Candidates
- Poteau Chamber, City of Poteau, Poteau Main Street and The Poteau Police Department Announce Great Event for First Friday In June
- Bush Supports DHS Director’s New Service-First Model