WASHINGTON— Congressman Markwayne Mullin (OK-02) released the following statement after voting no on the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5376, the Democrats’ Inflation Expansion Act.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result,” Mullin said. “House Democrats have passed another tax and spend spree that will drive our nation further into a recession and make American energy less affordable, less reliable, and less secure. The provisions in this bill total $599 billion worth of tax increases, including billions on small business owners, seniors, energy producers, and middle-class Americans. This is a dangerous bill for Oklahoma and it’s a dangerous bill for our country.”
The over $700 billion package includes:
- Over $400 billion in Green New Deal provisions, increasing America’s reliance on China.
- Socialist drug pricing controls, limiting the number of live-saving drugs on the market.
- $80 billion to the IRS, hiring 87,000 agents to spy on Americans.
- $54 billion increase to the national debt.
- $17 billion worth of tax increases on Americans making less than $200K.
- $53 billion tax on small businesses.
- $6.5 billion natural gas tax, raising energy costs for working class Americans by 17 percent.