RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. – The Great American Conference announced the league’s softball weekly awards for the second week of the season. Southern Arkansas’ Jill Roye and Southwestern Oklahoma State’s Kaytlin Donaldson shared the Player honor while Harding’s Hannah Johnson earned the pitcher accolade.
GAC SOFTBALL CO-PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Jill Roye, Southern Arkansas, LHP/1B, Jr., McAlester, Oklahoma
Roye continued her torrid start for the No. 5 Lady Muleriders as she hit .533 in four games at the North Texas Bash. She hit a home runs and drove in four runs against both Texas A&M-Kingsville and Texas-Permian Basin. She added a five-RBI game against Texas Woman’s. She has recorded a hit and an RBI in all eight of SAU’s games while hitting .542 and totaling 23 RBI.
GAC SOFTBALL CO-PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Kaytlin Donaldson, Southwestern Oklahoma State, RHP/1B, Fr., Ceres, California
Donaldson paced the Bulldogs to a 4-0 record at the Midwestern State Round Robin. She hit .500 with a pair of home runs, including a go-ahead shot in the seventh inning against Missouri S&T. The Bulldogs finished as the lone undefeated team at the tournament and they have won four-straight non-conference games for the first time since the 2012 season.
GAC SOFTBALL PITCHER OF THE WEEK – Hannah Johnson, Harding, RHP, Sr., Branson, Missouri
Johnson threw 12.0 scoreless innings and earned victories against Missouri Western State and Pittsburg State at the UAM DII Classic. She struck out six against the Griffons and a career-high eight against the Gorillas. She limited the two teams to a .143 batting average. The Lady Bisons have opened 6-0 for the first time since restarting the program in 2014.
- Jalissa Gum, Sr., UTL, Arkansas Tech (Collected six hits in 13 at bats as the UAM DII Classic; scored a pair of runs)
- Kimmy Hendricks-Campbell, Sr., C, Harding (Went 5-for-10 in leading Harding to a 4-0 record at the UAM DII Classic)
- Korie Parker, Sr., INF, Arkansas-Monticello (Posted a .571 on-base percentage; doubled three times and scored five runs)
- Madi Parrott, Jr., 1B/3B, Northwestern Oklahoma State (Hit. 429 with three doubles; stole two bases)
NOTABLE PITCHER NOMINEES
- Kendra Coleman, Sr., RHP/INF, Arkansas-Monticello (Picked up two wins including a shutout of Pittsburg State)
- Miranda Grover, Fr., RHP, Southwestern Oklahoma State (Earned three of SWOSU’s four wins at MSU Round Robin)
- Victoria Taylor, Fr., RHP, Southern Arkansas (Struck out 16 in 14.0 innings pitched; held opponents to a .214 average)
- Morgan Vaughan, Jr., RHP, Arkansas Tech (Tossed 6.1 scoreless innings spanning four appearances; earned a win and a save)